Evaluation of Focus Group

Below is a recording of the audience test.





The Digipak

The digipak, which I designed had various positive and negative feedback. We showed a paper mock-up of it around the room. The main feedback was that it was not similar enough to the website, which had a lot less colour.

 Feedback Snippets:

"I like the colourful writing, I like the big black title of her name. I think maybe the pictures are a bit too much [...] I think it needs to be a bit more subtle, like you've got her eyes on the front, eyes on the back, face all in the middle."


"Maybe have, like, that picture, with the girls behind her."

"Maybe have, like, that picture, with the girls behind her."  (picture shown right)

"Colourful letters don't go with that (the website)"

"You want a visual thing carried between the two"

"change the images on the digipak but maybe keep the letters.

"The colour(red letters) on the back, I think are a bit much."

"I like coloured letters but they're kind of like more pastel-y colours in a way whereas they're more bold."


Website

It was not made clear as to whether the website should be changed to fit the theme of the digipak or the digipak should be changed to fit the theme of the website. This caused conflict between me and Gabriel, who had designed the website, I hope to try and meet halfway, altering both the website and digipak in order to create a common theme throughout.

Feedback Snippets:

"I think the font could be a bit bigger and a bit more interesting [...] If you're kind of going for that pop vibe then maybe a bit more swirly rather than just the block capitals"

"Not quite so formal"


Video

The video had some positive feedback, mostly about the editing and the attitude. This is useful as we still have time to edit the video in accordance with the feedback. After the test, Gabriel and I went back and worked on the editing.

  Feedback Snippets:
 
"(I liked) The fade in and fade out and the whole thing how the editing fit with the music"

"I thoughts it's the only group out of these few who have matched the, sort of genres together"