Moving groups

I came back to school after the Christmas holidays to the irritating news that, due to a student leaving, the groups had been reorganized and I had been put into Liam, Felix and Guy's group. This means that I'll have to catch up with their thriller and become involved in it's development.

The Thriller

The new group's idea is a supernatural thriller called 'Anna'. The opening scene is of a man chopping wood outside a house. He finishes chopping the wood and goes back inside to find his wife cutting carrots in the kitchen. He greets her but she ignores him. Confused, he walks up behind her. She turns around and hugs him tight, he hugs back. As she backs away we see that she has stabbed him using the kitchen knife she was chopping the carrots with. He falls back and the title comes up.


I like the idea and feel like I can contribute to it. The parts I like especially are the ax and the knife. The ax which is used to chop the wood at the beginning has strong associations with murder and violence, as does the kitchen knife.


Kitchen Knife

Iconic murder scene from 'Psycho'