Filming the prelim

Me and a small group of other students got together to film the prelim. We chose two theatre studies students to be our actors and shot it in the studio. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to take any photos of this process as I was preoccupied with filming at the time.

Shooting was an interesting process, as we tried to organise the group so that everyone had a chance to work on different aspects at different points (i.e. directing, filming). I enjoyed using the camera as I felt that often, a lot of student filmmakers do not put enough thought into making the shots look as nice and professional as possible. Directing was also something that appealed to me, as it involved a lot of communication. It became obvious that in order to be a good director, you must have a clear understanding of what you want your finished product to be and what steps must be taken to assure that the team can achieve this.