First Practical Session

We had our first practical session (discluding the brief camera tutorial) with Adam. The benefit of the lesson was that we had our first real introduction to the different types and sizes of shots. We also were allowed to actually use the camera to film a short improvised sequence.

Me, having Maria angrily throw my favourite jacket in my face.
When filming, multiple shots are taken of different types. For example, for this short sequence in which I walk into shot and give my jacket to Maria, only to have her throw it in my face and walk off we filmed the following separate shots.

- A close up of my face.
- A close up of Maria's lovely face.
- A medium shot of both of us
- A medium close up of the point at which the jacket passes hands.

We watched the shots back afterwards as a group. It was interesting seeing the different group's and noticing the subtle differences which had an impact on the overall quality of the camera. Having interacted with it a couple times, I now feel quite comfortable working with the camera. Although seeing myself on camera is still pretty damn weird.